Surround yourself with healthy fun!
A huge part of our overall health and fitness is our lifestyle. Lets face it, I would love to go out, have drinks with my friends and go dancing every night, but
unfortunately that is not the lifestyle that will keep you on track to being healthy and fit! After a night of drinking fun with your friends, you wake up feeling tired, weighed down, and oh-so-not-fabulous!! Try to eliminate such shenanigans and find healthy and active alternatives for your entertainment.
I found that picking healthy ways to have fun is crucial for staying on track. Living in the wine country for the last year, I have been surrounded by the temptations of delicious wine and fine dining experiences; however, it is important to do your research and fill your schedule with activities that make you feel fresh, healthy, and fit.
I love exploring local farmer markets! Get your friends together to listen to new jams, meet local artists, shop for your organic produce, and explore fun venders at the markets around you! The produce section is my favorite!
My favorite things to get:
- Kale- is one of the most nutritious vegies you can possibly get. Combine it with main dishes, make side dishes (love kale chips!), or add to salads! The combination of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients make kale the king of vegies!!!
- Arugula- my favorite to make salads with! It is an amazing source of vitamins and minerals that helps protect against Alzheimer’s decease, and many known cancers. Make your diet be your medicine with this green.
- Green onions- I add it to everything!!! This anti-inflammatory also helps lower blood sugar and decrease blood pressure and cholesterol.My favorite arugula salad has organic strawberries, goat cheese, basil, cilantro, and pine nuts.
- Herbs- some herbs have more nutrients than the vegies we use every day! I add herbs to absolutely everything Icook/make for the extra flavor and nutrients.My favorites are basil, cilantro, mint, and dill.
- White nectarines- sugar addicts out there- find healthy raw alternatives to satisfy your cravings! It is nectarine and peach season so pile up your farmers market baskets!!
- Strawberries- I love fresh organic strawberries. Use them in smoothies, yogurt, or salad! Full of antioxidants, this yummy snack is anti-inflammatory and full of vitamin C to boost your immune system!